"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken" - Oscar Wilde

Saturday, June 5, 2010

it has only just begun

We got possession of our new house yesterday! Jake and I are very excited, and couldn't wait to get to work on it. Its only been 29 hours and already so much has happened. We have had so many family and friends out to help, and we are incredibly thankful for them having given up a few hours of their weekend to help us out.

I'll share a few pictures of what we have been up to, and since I took these already so much more has changed. It is a little sad that it takes only two days to gut a house, but its going to take a month to put it all back again!

Here is a picture of the kitchen yesterday afternoon:


And one from this afternoon: (Since taking this picture the drywall has all been removed)


Here is the bathroom yesterday:


And the bathroom this afternoon:



I also took a picture of the yard, because I didn't have one last time I posted pictures of the house. This just gives you an idea of how big it is. I stood at the back of the yard and took this picture:


And finally, one of my favorite finds in the house so far, the many different layers of laminate. If only we could have salvaged that beautiful green and orange one. (sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment