"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken" - Oscar Wilde

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Moving pep talk and a poop face

In an effort to put off packing for a few minutes, I have decided to compile a list of fun aspects involved in moving. (Note: this is to convince myself that I am having fun more than anything else, kind of like a pep talk).

1. I have already taken two trips to the thrift store to donate some stuff that we just don't use. We aren't going to have a big storage room in the new house, and I really don't like clutter, so this is a good way to sort and organize EVERYTHING.

2. It's fun to come across random boxes that Liam has decided to pack for me. I will list the contents of one such box: my hair brush, a toy car, a wooden block, a picture book, one sandal and a box of band aids. The kid's a quick learner.

3. If there is something that has been missing for a while you're bound to come across it sooner or later!

4. There is nothing more exciting than packing something you don't think you will need in the next little while, only to discover that you really could use it right about now.

5. I get a bit of a break from cooking meals that are up to my usual gourmet standards. Four courses just is a little too much when you spend your free time packing (or stalling like I am doing right now).

I will leave you with a picture of Liam's poop face. It's usually quite the ordeal when he has to poop, the face goes red, he grunts, clings onto something to give him support and goes at it. The other day he did it while we were at the bank, attracting a fair amount of attention. He did what I think any little boy would do in his situation, he hammed it up even more.


1 comment:

  1. Ok.......dying of laughter on the last part of this post.......not sure if I ever want to have a boy in my house or at a bank who needs to poop! Oh that just cracks me up. Thanks for the laugh and moving its not bad you're going up in the world right? ;)

    ReplyDelete