"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken" - Oscar Wilde

Friday, June 11, 2010

Liam's bedroom

The house is coming along nicely! So far we are on schedule, which is always really nice, especially when you are moving in on a set date regardless of how much is finished.

Here is a picture of the kitchen so far, the drywall went up yesterday:



The bathroom also has drywall, but I couldn't get a good picture of it because it was a little dark in there.

In the mean time I will post a few pictures of what I have been up to in the past months. I actually made this clock when I was pregnant with Liam, but recently updated the colours on it so that it will work in his new bedroom. Its inspiration comes from this Eames clock that was a little too expensive, and not exactly the colours I wanted (but oh so beautiful):
Here is the one I made (with some drilling help from Jake). Not exactly the same, but as close as I could get to it:


Chances are if you have been over recently I would have showed you these pictures I have for Liam's new bedroom. I found a book at the thrift store with great pictures, and painted some IKEA frames orange to go with them. There are eight of them in total, and will go on his wall in his new room.


And then in the weeks before we got possession of our house I made this quilt to go on Liam's bed.


So that's a good portion of what will be in his new bedroom! I love children rooms, and figured this would be a fun way to update his nursery with the move.

I will be adding more pictures of the house in a few days, we had some trees removed in the front and back of the house, and ripped out the basement for the suite so there is going to be lots more progress in the next little while. And later next week we get to start on the flooring and the finishing!

2 comments:

  1. Marg
    You are very crafty and talented. That quilt is gorgeous and the clocks are almost identical! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your updates on the house! Can't wait to see the finished product.
    I think I need your decorating/crafting ideas for when we update our new bebe's room....

    ReplyDelete