"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken" - Oscar Wilde

Friday, May 28, 2010

It has been almost a year!

It's been one year since our first visit with the neurosurgeon at Children's Hospital, and looking back now I can't believe how quickly we have gotten to this point! It is also getting close to five months since his surgery date as well!

For a year the words Metopic Craniosynostosis were always on my mind, not a day went by that I didn't think about it. I can still remember that first visit pretty clearly, and everything that happened between then and the surgery. They were some pretty intense times, but now I can look back with an overwhelming thankfulness, and a huge sense of relief! Not only did Liam's surgery go well, the doctors told me on our last check up that Liam would likely be in the top ten percent in terms of how well he has healed, how good he looks and how everything worked out for him.

Plus, I haven't thought much about Craniosynostosis at all these past weeks. Except I have this weird tendency, I cant help but study people's foreheads, especially babies.

Here are some pictures of his beautiful forehead!


He is learning to feed himself, so excuse the jam all over his face!



Um, when did he get so big? His first haircut! (I was pretty sad to see it go to be honest).

3 comments:

  1. Marg where is that hair salon? I've never seen anything like it. What a great idea for kids. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's called Sheer Performance, and its in east Abbotsford by the tennis bubble. The hairdresser was really good with Liam too. They only do men and boys there though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a real charmer! *(But he always was even before his surgery!!)

    ReplyDelete