"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken" - Oscar Wilde

Friday, May 7, 2010

Finished at last...

Liam has been getting up at 6:30 every morning for a while now, which means that I have that many more hours in a day to get some things done! This side table is a good example, I had started it a few weeks ago, but never got around to finishing it completely. This morning I did just that.

I didn't think to take a before picture, so you will just have to imagine it. I found it at the salvation army, with a slightly broken drawer, in a boring Ikea wood finish. Fix it up, add some paint, wheels and new hardware and you get this:


I also added a toilet paper dispenser to hold my ribbon for easy access. Also, this isn't just any black paint, it happens to be chalkboard paint! (Which I recently discovered and am in love with)


Now not only can I label the drawers with the contents, Liam can have some fun with it too!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What talent your son has with colouring. He can draw flowers and stick people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I drew the flowers and stick people, Liam did the scribbling and wrote the labels on the front. He's good but not quite THAT good :)

    ReplyDelete