"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken" - Oscar Wilde

Friday, December 3, 2010

Toddler Backpack

I've been wanting a toddler sized backpack for Liam, but was unable to find any the right size, for the right price; or at least ones that I also liked the look of. Until I came across this pattern here.

This project was definitely my most difficult sewing project I have done to this date, as I finally learned how to sew with piping! Prior to this I had a tendency of just writing off any patterns with piping as being too difficult. I'm not going to lie, there were a few tense moments, but in the end I am pretty happy with how it looks! The tutorial was great, with good pictures and lots of detail, just what I needed. The backpack is not perfect, but Liam really doesn't care. Actually he doesn't really care much about the backpack at all yet, but once he realizes that he can use it to bring some of his much loved cars and trucks with him places I am sure he will warm up to it. I hope.



He's not really into posing with things that I make for him these days, I never did get a good picture of him in his owl costume, but here are some pictures to show the size of the bag:

3 comments:

  1. Ok, that is good Marg! Don't doubt your sewing abilities....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me. toddler bag, toddler girl backpack

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just the information I am finding everywhere. Thanks for your blog, I just subscribe your blog. This is a nice blog.. toddler backpack

    ReplyDelete