"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken" - Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Playroom

Another room finished! This one is an area in the basement leading to the third bedroom (in the process of becoming my sewing room/Jake's office) and the laundry area. We decided it would make a great playroom for Liam.

Originally I wanted to do it all white, floors included. I am in love with the European designed white rooms. It turned out to be a little tough to do white flooring, as we would have had to paint a wood floor, and in the end would have been a little more work that we were up for at the time. We ended up doing the same flooring as the upstairs, and I do like the effect.



I found these baskets at Zellers to hold some of the smaller toys, but they didn't have a liner in them. These wouldn't have been too bad to make had I not wanted to save fabric and do just the band with the coloured fabric. They turned out, just don't look too closely :)



I love all this fabric, but the "Jacob Loves You" pillow is my favorite. It actually was a shirt that was given to me years ago, and I always wanted to make a pillow out of it. This was the perfect place for it!



And my favorite part of the whole room:


The pallet bed inspiration came from here, and the alphabet wall from here.

2 comments:

  1. It looks great Marg! love the alphabet wall, the colours are really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it marg! i could never... :) it looks super good! can't wait to see your house soon!

    ReplyDelete