"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken" - Oscar Wilde

Monday, December 13, 2010

Liam's Teepee

Like most children, Liam loves to play hide and seek, and fit himself into small spaces in closets or behind curtains. So I FINALLY made him something that he is very excited about! He calls it his "tent" and likes to play cars in it, or just hide and have me "try" to find him.



I got the pattern here, but made mine smaller as I used some fabric I had from Ikea sitting around, and not a bed sheet like the pattern calls for.




The pattern was great, and easy to follow. It helps to have something long to measure with, as that was the trickiest part of the whole pattern.




The beautiful thing is that when the teepee is not in use it can fold up pretty small and be tucked away!



Pretty good, and this project in total only cost around $15, depending on what materials you end up using! Well worth it if you ask me.

3 comments:

  1. Marg these projects are just way too cute!
    Love them!
    Over christmas I want to sew an apron...want to be my craft buddy??? Maybe teach me a thing or 2?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marg, Hailey loved Liams teepee so i'm thinking of putting one together for her b-day... do you remember about how much fabric you used? I think that i would rather not use a bed sheet, fabric is so much more fun!
    thanks for posting!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cara, I think it was a meter and a half? I had to re-work the measurements for cutting, so if you want I can give those to you.

    ReplyDelete