"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken" - Oscar Wilde

Monday, September 13, 2010

Finished Kitchen!

The kitchen is done! We were going to put crown up on top of the cabinets, but after Jake put one piece up we decided we like it better without.

Here is the before pictures, what the kitchen looked like back in June:








And here is the kitchen now! We ended up gutting it down to the studs, and starting from scratch. You can't see the lights in the before shots, but it was one box florescent light that we swapped out for some pot lights, and then re-designed the layout of the cabinets, adding an island in.







I am really happy with how it turned out! There isn't anything that I would change, and my favorite part is the big greenhouse window (which was there before, we just re-finished it) looking out onto the backyard.

3 comments:

  1. Love it Marg!! Too bad you don't live closer because I need a new kitchen too

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! A tad jealous of your kitchen :) But I'll get over it I guess. Make sure you do lots of cooking and baking in there......maybe I have to come over and do my christmas baking there ;)

    ReplyDelete