"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken" - Oscar Wilde

Monday, August 23, 2010

Summer...

Have I really not posted since August 8th? That is crazy. Especially since I still don't have the kitchen done (still waiting on two cupboard doors to be hung, and the crown on the cabinets) and the family room, which I take full responsibility for. I only have one of the pillows finished, and I bought the materials for the art work, but still have to actually put it together.

Even though not much really changes in the fall, I am still looking forward to September in an odd way. It's not like Liam goes to school or anything (thankfully) but I still feel like it will bring a bit of order to this place. Maybe once it starts to rain a bit I will actually get to my ever growing projects list. Maybe. In the mean time it just keeps growing and not much gets done.

The basement is coming along really nicely now too, as I type I can smell the primer wafting through the house. Which is not really a nice smell but it means progress!

Plus two friends with muscles happened to stop by this evening, and moved the chicken coop to the backyard with Jake. It only took a lot of grunting and literally chopping down a tree to get it there. Yup, that is right, chicken coop. I will post pictures soon, but Jake built this beauty a few months ago, and we just now have it in our backyard! Liam and I are pretty excited.


1 comment:

  1. Liam is all around BOY and I just love the pictures of him :) Looking forward to more photo's when those projects get done.

    ReplyDelete