"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken" - Oscar Wilde

Saturday, April 10, 2010

our new house

Jake and I very recently purchased a house! We are very excited about it; its our dream place, a rancher with a nice sized backyard in a beautiful neighborhood in East Abbotsford. We get possession in June, and will be renovating it before we move in, so this summer will be busy but in a fun way.

Here it is!



The house was built in the 60's, and needs some renovations, but the core of the house is perfect, and I happen to be married to a Renovator, so this is exactly what we wanted.


I didn't get a good shot of the backyard, you can see a little bit of it here, but this doesn't do it justice. (And yes, that shelter will be going, along with a bunch of other junk in the yard).


And some of my favorite aspects of the house, the family room with the cute corner fireplace and the big windows:


While we were at the house I happened to meet some of the new neighbors, they all seem to know each other, and look out for one another. Its a real family oriented street, and will be perfect to raise a family there.

On a disappointing note while I was in the house my car got keyed by a bunch of teenagers. They assure me that isn't typical, but its still sad nonetheless.

4 comments:

  1. looks fab Marg! LOVE those huge windows, and the backyard looks big. sucky about the keying though :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, Marg! My son's helemt is just for his head shape. It got SO flat in the back and then shifted so it was lopsided. Finally, we decided to do the helmet and I've been so surprised at how much it has helped.

    Sounds like you went through a lot with your son. I'm glad it all worked out well.

    Congrats on the house, too! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Found your blog :)
    I can't believe you purchased a house. How exciting and hopefully you don't have to move for a really long time now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of the perks of being a renovator's wife. You can get the exact look that you want. Those large windows are to die for. I think that every house should own one because it has some kind of magic that makes a particular area in the house relaxing. Congratulations!

    Francisco Close @Katch Mark

    ReplyDelete