"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken" - Oscar Wilde

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Parking Garage

Liam is interested in cars. Very interested in cars. I would estimate that on any given day we spend an average of about an hour driving cars around various places. The cars can't just drive up and down in lines though, they have to drive in things, down things, under things and on top of things. So when he started using the fisher price house and school as parking garages I knew we needed something for the guy and his cars.

I had my eye on this vintage playskool parking garage, but know that my chances of ever coming across it are very slim.


Thankfully it looks simple enough and with Jake's help, a DIY version was born.


I opted to not add the railing on top at this point, because it also doubles as a step stool in Liam's mind, and its really not all that bad when his car's "crash" off the roof of the garage.


I also opted not to paint it, as I really like the natural wood look. Other than a few parking spots it is still all the natural wood.

Now I am trying to come up with some complimentary pieces to add to Liam's city, because I have to admit, I had fun putting this one together! I can say that because I roped Jake into cutting the angles for the ramp, and attaching it. Not something I could have easily figured out, if at all...Thanks Jake!

3 comments:

  1. I love all your projects.....glad to hear from you again :)
    Looking forward to a post soon about that baby coming?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Parking Garage Marg (and Jake). Have you ever checked out ana.white.com - could be addicting for you Marg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought the vintage garage (exactly the same as in your picture) for $2 yesterday at a thrift sale! mysacha@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete